Everybody has written about their best cycling moments of 2010. Therefore, I see no point in repeating it. Not that I don't have an opinion about it, but all the great moments have been debated and on various blogs and cycling news sites already.
Instead I am going to do something I usually don't; predict the future (with a little twist):
- Gilbert quits spring season early to focus on the Tour - wins two stages
- Mark Cavendish wins five stages in the tour, green jersey to Sagan
- Tom Boonen great in the classics, glued on Cancellara's wheel for a change
- Then Breschel, EBH and Hushovd win G-W, RVV and R-B respectively
- The Giro becomes spectacular and Basso secures his win once more
- Riders participated in the Giro is knackered and do very bad in the Tour as a result
- Brailsford finally sees Arvesen's qualities as road captain and sends him to the Tour
- Hesjedal makes GC top five in the Tour - Vaughters celebrates in a blue argyle suit
- Richie Porte takes second in the Tour
- Andy Schleck took "101- how to change his gear while climbing" and wins the Tour
- Contador wins the Vuelta 2011, the only country he's allowed to compete in.
- Cancellara makes the World TT his as last year
- Cav wins the Worlds
By this time next year we'll see. Just don't run to your bookie yet...